Saturday 29 December 2012

Wintry Snowdonia

Earlier this month I drove down to The Rob Piercy gallery in Porthmadog to pick up Sharon's Christmas present, there is a story behind it which I wont repeat here, but if you are interested it is on Sharon's art blog HERE
Driving down from Buckley it was a beautiful cold and clear winters morning, blue skies and the high mountains of Snowdonia covered in snow. How I wish I didn't have to get back to work, as the mountains looked amazing and I would have loved to get up there, but Sharon was completely oblivious to where I was, and i wouldn't have gone up without her anyway! But I had the camera with me, got some great shots some of which are below, but they have stayed hidden until now as I didn't want her knowing where I had been!!

So this is not really a walking post, more a post of where I wished we had been walking that day.

The Moelwyns

_DSC8272

Cnicht

_DSC8274

Yr Aran across Llyn Gwynant

_DSC8280

Yr Aran

_DSC8286

_DSC8292

_DSC8300

Moel Hebog across Llyn Gwynant

_DSC8308

Crib Goch and Snowdon

_DSC8312

Snowdon

_DSC8318

Crib Goch

_DSC8321

Snowdon viewpoint

_DSC8328

Snowdon Horseshoe from the road to Capel Curig

_DSC8331

Snowdon, Crib Goch, and Garnedd Ugain

_DSC8336

Tryfan

_DSC8347


2 comments:

  1. Gary. Your mountain photography is inspirational...Magnificent images of some of Snowdonia's classic mountains looking fabulous under snow. I must get my mountain boots on next year !! The very best to you and Sharon for 2013 and hope to meet up again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BREATHLESS Gary....BREATHLESS.

    A Happy New Year to you and Sharon The Rambling Artist.

    ReplyDelete